Pitaiyo Class Etiquette
PITAIYO Class Etiquette
Do and Do Not:
- Do not eat a big meal prior to class. Eat a light meal or snack one-two hours prior to class.
- Do not drink too much water during class.
- Do not wear socks or shoes during class. You will not have a tactile grip on your mat.
- Do not wear excessive perfumes or colognes.
- Do tell the instructor prior to class if you have injuries that will require modification.
- Do ask for help if you need it.
- Do look around for guidance, but listen to your own body.
- Do not self judge. There will be advanced students in class do not compare yourself to them, pitaiyo is a judgment free zone, we welcome all levels.
- Do hydrate throughout the day prior to class.
- Do silence your cell phone.
- Do not talk to others during the pitaiyo workout, this is everyone’s time to tune out and zone in, to their self.
- Do place your mat in the back of the class if you are new.
- Do check (with the location) to see if mats are provided.
- Refrain from excess lotion. Lotions will make you slip on the mat.
- Remember the positive thought that ended class. Implement that positive affirmation into your life and share it with as many people as possible.
- Plan your week. How many classes will you be attending?
- Do not make up excuses, keep coming, your body, mind, spirit and others will thank you. Pitaiyo is that beneficial.
PITAIYO Boutique FYI:
- We welcome you to come early and stay late to enjoy the day’s special offering. We offer seasonal waters, teas and other complimentary beverages. Help yourself.
- Please remove your shoes and place them on the shelf provided.
- Personal belongings may be kept in the equipment room so that the studio is free from all unnecessary items.
- We consider your cell phone unnecessary during class and ask that you silence it and keep it stored with other personal belongings.
- Have fun and be yourself.